When it comes to watching your favorite media content according to your own terms, Amazon FireStick becomes a preferred choice. Yes, you read it correctly. Through our guide on best VPN for FireStick, you may secure your first generation and second-generation FireStick devices instantly.
Amazon FireStick is USB-style cost-effective device where you get access to thousands of Movies, TV Shows, and other media content. For a faster and secure streaming, you require a VPN app for FireStick. You can also stream free media content on FireStick when you install Kodi on FireStick. In this guide, we are going to share a list of top 10 VPN providers.
Here you can review, compare and get an idea of the most suitable VPN according to your requirements. We have described the top 10 VPN services with their Pros and Cons and which and why you should choose one.
Best VPN for FireStick in 2018 – with Pros & Cons and Detailed Review
If you want to protect your FireStick devices, you should try out a VPN. For users’ ease, we have compiled a list of best VPN services that allow you to overcome various hassles and attain online freedom straightaway. Also for stream lovers can read our guide on best VPN for Amazon Prime. Here is the list of our best VPN services that includes:
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 77% Off |
2 Year Deal
| 72% Off |
2 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
| 60% OFF |
| 78% OFF |
2 Years Deal
Following is the list of top VPNs you can consider to use on Firestick, for a faster streaming:
PureVPN is preferably the best VPN app for FireStick. If streaming is your preferred option on a FireStick device, the PureVPN works perfectly for streaming. It is fast, reliable, and has the easiest of methods to setup on FireStick as PureVPN app is available in the Utility section of Firestick device. Get to know more about this VPN in PureVPN Review by VPNRanks.com.
- 750+ servers in 140+ countries
- Compatible with 20+ devices
- 5 simultaneous logins
- Fast speed with 256-bit data encryption
- Might face connection problems with selective servers
- Comparatively few servers to other VPN providers
- Ad-blocker only available in Chrome
- Many complaints regarding connection issues
ExpressVPN is one trusted VPN for FireStick and keeps Zero Logs which has also been proved in a recent Russian Ambassador Assassination Case. This app is fastest of all with ultra-internet security. It can also be considered as the 1st generation Fire Stick VPN. View a detailed ExpressVPN review for more information.
- Blazing fast internet speed
- 1700+ servers in 140+ countries
- Stream anything without restrictions
- 256-bit encryption with offshore privacy protection
- It is not the cheapest option amongst VPN providers
- Only 3 devices with 1 subscription
- Initially have a slow speed but gradually increases
- No free trial, only 30-days money-back guarantee
Online privacy and protection are the basic necessities for any internet user, and NordVPN FireStick helps in offering both. It offers you online freedom to safely browse the internet, including streaming, torrenting, and downloading. We have a detailed guide on NordVPN review so you can learn more about this VPN.
- Strict ‘No Logs’ policy
- 2649 superfast servers around the world
- Double data encryption
- Automatic kill switch
- A bit overpriced when compared to competitors
- Speed can vary depending on the server traffic and selective hours
- Many complaints regarding glitches in performance
- There is no refund policy for Bitcoin subscribers
Ivacy is another good choice for Amazon Fire TV Stick users. It provides a fast and protected VPN for FireStick device. It allows you to download and stream online content with complete freedom. It provides total anonymity and keeps zero logs, meaning you get complete internet freedom. We provided a detailed Ivacy review for your additional learning about this VPN provider.
- Prioritize your data traffic with split-tunneling
- Fastest VPN service with complete online privacy
- IPv6 leak protection
- 5 multi-logins with 275+ servers
- Slow VPN servers in Asian countries
- No free-trial
- Mobile users face difficulties while using the app
- Frequent connection issues
PrivateVPN is without a doubt a fastest growing VPN in the world. It keeps your online activity private, unblock geo-restricted media, and remains undetectable by the ISPs. You get maximum speed for internet browsing with no buffering or long waits. View our full PrivateVPN review and get the most of this VPN.
- Servers available in over 50 countries
- It has a strong OpenVPN encryption
- Bitcoin payment option
- PrivateVPN will not work with Netflix
- Server speeds are inconsistent
- Less features for PrivateVPN for Mac
Betternet has over 38 million users worldwide and it keeps improving with the passage of time. The good thing about Betternet is that it is a free one due to which it has been much successful among Firestick users. However, it also offers a premium version with 7-day free-trial. View our detailed Betternet review for complete information. If you want to look for more free options, check out the best free VpN for Firestick.
- Advert-free streaming and browsing
- 7-day free trial for premium services
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Also offers a free version
- The free version collects and sells data
- Does not offer kill switch
- Slow VPN connection and speed for free version
- IP and DNS Leaks
Whenever you feel your online privacy in under attack, Windscribe claims to set you free. It keeps your online activity private with strong encryption, manages to block irritating adverts, and lets you stream anything anonymously. It’s a free VPN for FireStick 2018. This service offers 10 GB/month of data. For more information on Windscribe along with its pricing plans, view detailed Windscribe review.
- Servers in over 50 countries and 100 cities
- Strong AES-256 encryption
- Unblock US Netflix from around the world
- Has limited amount of servers
- UK server is very slow
- Does not offer a live chat option
- The free version may sell your data
Alongside PureVPN, IPVanish is also a preferred VPN for FireStick as it can be easily installed from the utility section of the device. It is a user-friendly app that runs for every device. It keeps you protected from all the unwanted interferences that strikes your device. For a more complete IPVanish review, you can learn more about IPVanish.
- VPN servers in 60+ countries
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Available in 5 simultaneous devices
- 24/7 customer support
- Windows and Android app are not fully optimized
- Speed may vary depending upon the server location
- No free-trial available
9. Private Internet Access
With an anonymous IP that you get from Private Internet Access FireStick, it will encrypt your connection and offer internet freedom. You can also pay anonymously with many major brand gift cards such as Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Best Buy, and 100 more. Have a look at our full Private Internet Access review and decide for yourself.
- No VPN traffic logs
- Gigabit VPN port speeds
- Low price for a longer subscription plan
- Speed and protection, both offered
- It has a basic interface
- It is located in the US and follows US privacy laws
- It does not happen to work on Netflix
- Live chat feature is absent
HideMyAss is no doubt a top-rated VPN to use on Amazon Fire Stick that lets you stream various media content on FireStick device. Get your device protected for online browsing with a faster speed possible. It can be used in many devices including gaming consoles. View our detailed HideMyAss review for more information.
- Servers available in over 190+ countries
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Available for all devices
- Only 2 devices are connected simultaneously
- Keeps logs
- There is no free-trial version available
- No add-blocking feature
Benefits of Using VPN for Fire TV Stick
A VPN brings so much to the table while unblocking loads of hidden features. Other than benefitting from keeping your online identity anonymous, it masks your original IP, and bypasses ISP throttling. Here are some benefits of using a VPN for Fire TV Stick:
- Access American Amazon media library
- Access US channels that are geo-restricted
- Stream free movies and TV shows on Kodi anonymously
- Bypasses ISP throttling
- Access UK apps i.e. BBC iPlayer, ITV, and Channel 4
How to Install VPN for FireStick
We have discussed a detailed guide on how to install VPN on FireStick where you will find various methods. Follow any method that seems easier and appropriate and you’ll be ready to protect your online privacy in no time.
Best VPN For FireStick Requirements
It is a combination of feature that let you decide on the best VPN for FireStick. For your convenience, we have outlined some features that you need to consider before getting a VPN. These are described below:
Downloading and Streaming Speed
It comes down to the purpose of using a VPN. If you’re using it for streaming videos on your FireStick device, then the most important factor is downloading speed. Most often than not, internet speed tends to reduce because you’re connected to a different server.
Many VPN for FireStick that are mentioned in the guide provides money-back guarantee for at least 15 days. Check for the speed downloading speed and fulfill your streaming desire.
Remote Control Friendly
Some VPN applications are available on your FireStick through Amazon App store, but other you will have to install using the Downloader app using VPN APK. Sometimes, these APKs are not designed to run with FireStick remote, so the app becomes useless.
Connection to Simultaneous Devices
VPN for FireStick also offers a unique feature that allows you to connect multiple devices at the same time. Some VPNs may offer 5 devices, while others may offer you to connect up to 10 devices. This feature lets your other family members connect to a VPN.
Support & Money-Back Guarantee
Customer support is offered by mostly every VPN service provider, but a Live Chat feature is something rarely found. Money-back guarantee is another feature is important to consider, just in case if you’re not satisfied with the VPN.
VPN Testing for Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
Once you are done installing VPN for FireStick, you need to check whether it is working. Below we have outlined some steps that you need to take and ensure that your VPN is working. Here they are:
- Install Firefox Browser or Silk Browser on Fire TV Stick device
- Connect to a VPN for FireStick
- Open the Browser
- Go to DNS Leak Test website or type https://dnsleaktest.com
- Your current IP will be shown when the loads
- If you’re connected to a US server, it has to show a US IP
- Click on Standard Test or Extended Test to ensure that you’re not facing IP leaks
Free VPN for Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube
Free VPN for Fire TV Stick do exists, but they have limitations. It could slow down your internet speed, meaning you will experience streaming issues, while at the same time your online privacy is not guaranteed.
Most free VPNs would sell your data to third-parties in exchange for earning monetary benefits. They would claim that they’re free, but in reality they would be earning by selling your online information.
VPN for FireStick Troubleshoot
It gets a bit easier for FireStick users to know more about problems along with their troubleshooting. Below are some of the tips you will find convenient when faced with FireStick VPN related problems. These are provided below:
- If a VPN for FireStick fails to connect, go to its settings and change the VPN protocol to OpenVPN (TCP) or OpenVPN (UDP)
- Restart FireStick device > Remove the plug > Re-plug and start using the device
- If you experience slow streaming/browsing, try changing the server. For e.g. if you’re connected to US server, try changing it to different city
- Uninstall and re-install the VPN app
- Always communicate with customer support on VPN provider’s website and they will help you out
1st Generation Fire Stick VPN
A VPN is an online protection tool that allows you to secure your online activities from the eyes of your ISPs. Furthermore, you can spoof your online locations from the data surveillance agencies. When you want to watch your desired media stuff be it movies or TV shows on 1st generation Fire Stick, you need a VPN.
It means you can become an easy target of online hackers if you use an older version of Fire Stick without a VPN. After connecting to a VPN service of your choice from the above given list, you can attain online freedom straightaway. As a result, you can watch your desired video content from anywhere anonymously.
Moreover, you can unblock region-blocked content through the help of a VPN for FireStick trouble-free.
VPN for Fire Stick Generation 2
The same applies for second generation FireStick devices. This is because you cannot access to your preferred geo-restricted on your FireStick devices if you do not deploy a VPN. Once you connect to a VPN service from the above list, you can overcome geo-limitation hassles stress-free.
Furthermore, you will not find yourself in the hot water if you opt a FireStick VPN. It means FireStick devices fetch content from third party apps or add-ons. In this scenario, the role of a VPN for FireStick comes in handy.
Thus, you are able to circumvent legal issues and do not receive DMCA or copyright infringement notices.
Best VPN for FireStick – The Wrap Up
If you ever find a need for streaming video content in the best price possible, then Amazon Fire Stick device needs to be your go-to choice. Whenever you stream copyrighted material via Amazon Fire TV Stick for free, you require a FireStick VPN. It will keep your online activity private.
Want to add something to the story, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.